We are here to bring joy to Jesus
and to experience joy in Him.
We believe that the highest calling for every person on earth is to bring glory to our creator and redeemer. As 1 Corinthians 10:31 says: “Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
But, at the same time, we believe that we live our lives for Jesus’ glory we will experience the best life possible. As Jesus says in John 10:10: “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
Therefore, our goal at Hope Church is to put a smile on Jesus’ face, knowing that in the process He puts a smile on ours.
We believe it is the pursuit of the following six values which help us bring joy to Jesus:
Jesus gave His life for our salvation. We believe worship is a sincere expression of gratitude and praise to Him. At Hope we seek to make our worship services God-centered and also relevant to modern lives.
God has revealed Himself to us in the Bible. We believe it is our privilege to learn more about God so that we will be better equipped to serve Him. Our sermons and Christian education programs are Bible-driven with an emphasis on take-home application.
God places us in the church so that we can develop our faith in community. We believe that the people we attend church with are more than fellow members, they are our family. We are a church that loves to spend time with one another.
God gives each of His children gifts and abilities for serving Him. We believe that every Christian has a role to play in carrying out the work of the church. We encourage every person to discover their ministry and to thrive in service.
Jesus sets the standard for true Godliness. We believe that everyone is sinful, and that we will never be fully free of sin until heaven; and yet we encourage one another to pursue God’s ideal in every aspect of life.
Jesus instructed His followers to share His good news with everyone on earth. We believe it is our privilege to invite others to share in the joy-filled life Jesus offers. Our goal is to offer everyone we come into contact with the unconditional love of Jesus.
In addition, we believe the following five principles help to define who we are as a church:
1. Hope in Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Holy Son of God whose death and resurrection is the only path to salvation.
2. Sound Biblical teaching. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God which provides us with the knowledge of salvation and a foundation for life.
3. Welcoming, caring community. We believe that the church is a family that takes care of one another and always welcomes new people in.
4. Mission. We believe in sharing the good news of Jesus through local outreach, mission trips, and the support of missionaries nationally and globally.
5. Spencer, IA. We believe that Hope Church is a vital part of this community and so we encourage civic participation and make our building available to any who can benefit from it.